2 days | Up to 8 participants
“Excellent value, based on years of practical experience in the software industry. This hands-on course is challenging and fun, with no student left behind.”
– Kim Engel, Foundations of Test Automation training course attendee
Learn test automation the right way with one of the best in the business.
By the end of this live, interactive training course you will have the foundational skills to add and maintain automated tests. You will learn a highly-technical, bare-bones approach which will teach you not just how to use the test automation tool, but how the tool works. This will equip you with the skills you need to be adaptable across all UI-driven test automation tools, regardless of which programming language you choose to use.
By the end of this course you will:
- Write end-to-end UI automated tests for web
- Design robust and efficient automated tests
- Translate manual test cases into automated test cases
Trainer: Trish Khoo
This is a rare opportunity to learn from one of the best in the business. Trish Khoo is recognised as a global expert in testing and automation. She brings over a decade of experience to the classroom, including her background at Microsoft and Google.
Day 1: Write your first automated tests
- Automating your first test
- Finding elements in the DOM
- Interacting with elements with WebDriver
- Asserting expectations with RSpec
- Waiting for events
- Debugging tests with Pry
- Finding tricky elements with CSS selectors
Day 2: Test design
- Writing test suites
- Using before and after hooks
- What makes a good automated test
- Making tests fast
- Making tests deterministic
- Making tests maintainable
- How to design a good test
- Limitations of e2e tests
- Taking it further
- Basic Ruby programming skill*
- Basic command line skill
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge
- Hardware and software for computer programming
- Hardware and software for video conferencing (online course only)
* Worried about your Ruby abilities? Check out my free Ruby tutorial and test.
Registration and tuition
21-22 January 2019, Brisbane CBD.
Registrations cost $1990 per person. Sign up with a group of 2 or more to get 20% off!
Register now through EventBrite
You can sign up for our mailing list to stay informed as new public course options become available.
I am available to fly anywhere in Australia and New Zealand to teach this course on-site at your company.